Playfully exploring how to create a future Bristol nature utopia. Welcome to Bristol 2040. Once a city of brutalist buildings and polluted streets, Bristol is
Playfully exploring how to create a future Bristol nature utopia.
Welcome to Bristol 2040. Once a city of brutalist buildings and polluted streets, Bristol is now a utopia for nature. With streets of vertical gardens, roads replaced by meadows, and rewilded bear, wolf and lynx populations, our city is known across Europe as a paradise of urban greenery and wildlife.
But how did we get here? That’s the question you’ll be answering. The ‘Speculative Salon’ will invite you to step into the shoes of future Bristolians who are telling the story of how they created the green Bristol of 2040.
This is the first of a series of creative climate events that will be happening September 2023 to February 2024 as part of Emma Geen’s Artspace Lifespace Sparks residency.
This is an event for activists, artists, politicians, and anyone who wants to dream up better futures and pathways to reach them. All ages are welcome, though it is likely to be most engaging for adults and teenagers.
What to expect:
- During the session you’ll collaboratively discuss and dream this journey then make monuments documenting it.
- Light refreshments will be provided but please bring your own drinking and eating implements to save waste.
- The event is entirely free but donations towards the food will be welcome on the day.
- The event is on the second floor, please let us know in advance if you’ll need the lift and any access needs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are unfunded, so if you need an interpreter please email as far in advance as possible so that we can do our best to find a way to source one.
Food & Drink
Reuse & Resources