A creative and playful workshop to problem-solve around climate action. Stuck on a problem? Let’s re-energise together! Faced with the urgency of
A creative and playful workshop to problem-solve around climate action.
Stuck on a problem? Let’s re-energise together!
Faced with the urgency of the environmental crisis it can be hard to pause and allow ourselves space to think creatively, come at problems from new angles, or have fun. This can prevent us from finding more effective solutions and is often tough on our mental health.
This session aims to address this by providing a space for creative and collaborative problem-solving on environmental issues. This is the second of a series of creative climate events that will be happening September 2023 to February 2024 as part of Emma Geen’s Artspace Lifespace Sparks residency. We’re extremely grateful to Artspace Lifespace for the opportunity. It is being co-organised by Zoe Willetts.
About the workshop:
Everyone will come with a problem they want to work on. It can be big or small, personal or wide-ranging, emotional or logical. Stuck on a work project? Need new tactics for your protest movement? Don’t know how to play your part? Want to explore how to solve plastic pollution? Everything goes, so long as it is a problem about environmental action and you are happy to explore it with other attendees. We’ll work on these problems through group games and individual exercises that:
- support a collaborative, joyful approach,
- boost your problem-solving skills,
- give you structured space to plan how you’re going to move forward.
By exploring the weird and wonderful, we’ll look at old problems in a new light, create novel solutions and make connections along the way.
- When: Sat 7 Oct, 10.50am-4pm
- Who: The session is for anyone who works or volunteers on environmental issues, or who wants to do so. All ages are welcome, though it is likely to be most engaging for adults and teenagers.
- Refreshments: Please bring your own drinking and eating implements to save waste. We’ll have a relaxed potluck lunch between the sessions. If you’re joining us for lunch please bring some food to share, preferably vegan. This is optional and there is no pressure to do the potluck lunch if you prefer not to share.
- Access: The event is on the second floor. Please let us know if you’ll need the lift and any access needs at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unfunded, so if you need an interpreter please email as far in advance as possible so that we can source one.
- Booking: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/new-shoots-creative-problem-solving-for-climate-action-tickets-700812337567?aff=oddtdtcreator
Food & Drink
Reuse & Resources