Hire an events space at Sparks Bristol
Hire out the ground floor Department of Discovery workshop space for your own educational workshop, event or talk. Or explore our range of creative spaces upstairs in the Department of Imagination, perfect for performances, workshops, exhibitions and events.
The Department of Discovery is a large ground-floor room that can hold maximum of 70 people including all staff, teachers, parents and supervisors.
Upstairs on the first-floor in the Department of Imagination there is a large events space can be split into two sections or hired together.
- Sparks 1A: 368 sqm (length 21.31m, width 17.27m, height 3.36m to lights or 3.78m to ceiling), with windows and dressing rooms.
- Sparks 1B: 235 sqm (length 17.27m, width 13.59m, height 3.36m to lights or 3.78m to ceiling), no windows.
The ground-floor Department of Discovery can hold a maximum of 70 people including all staff, teachers, parents and supervisors.
The Department of Imagination events space can hold a maximum of 400 people.
In the Department of Discovery you can use:
- 10 x small square tables (60 cm x 60 cm)
- 5 x large tables (120 cm x 60 cm)
- 70 x stacking chairs
- Projector with HDMI connection and audi
- WiFi for hybrid meetings or presentations
- Microphone and stand
Upstairs in the Department of Imagination we have the following equipment:
- Projector available upon request. HDMI, DVI & VGA laptop connectors.
- Audio speakers for films, laptops or mics
- Changing rooms
- 100 chairs
Please note that we are unable to set up the space for you in advance of your booking so you will need to allow time to set up before your event.
The Department of Discovery is only open during shop hours (11am-6pm Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat and 11am-5pm Sun) and your event must end before 5.30pm.
The Department of Imagination is available for hire between 9.30am to 10pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 5pm on Sunday.
This Department of Discovery is on the ground-floor and has step-free access.
The Department of Imagination is on the first-floor and toilets are on the second-floor. Access via the customer lift is possible but must be arranged in advance.
On site car parking is not available at Sparks. The nearest car park is the Galleries.